[Nfb-krafters-korner] using a beading needle

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:19:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I purchased an item that was advertised to be a beading needle. To me it
looks like a piece of wire with no holes in it. I am not certain how to use
this needle? Anyone know?  I have some seed and 4mm beads I was hoping to
thread onto the magic cord for the bracelet class, but the beads will not
fit on the cord without a needle and I don't have any needles small enough
to work.

These beads do work on the 26 gauge wire however, though I do not really
want to make a bracelet with wire, but I will if I must. I had planned to
use the wire for my knitting with beads and wire bracelet.

Also, Just for your information, I have experimented and found that size 6mm
beads can be threaded onto the 1mm magic cord without a needle.
Unfortunately I only have crystal beads of this size that were leftover from
safety pin beading projects, not enough and probably not pretty enough for a
bracelet.

 Wish I'd purchased larger beads. <sigh> in any case, if anyone knows how to
use the beading needle, I will give it a try with the magic cord.

Cathy