[Nfb-krafters-korner] looking for ideas

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 11:28:23 UTC 2012

You can make what I call party crackers.  It is based on the Christmas
Crackers that were featured in the Harry Potter stories.  You take either
toilet paper roles or cut the tubing from wrapping paper to same size.  Wrap
with birthday/Christmas paper so there is at least 5 inches of overhang on
either end of the tube.  Twist one end closed and tie it with the wrapping
ribbon.  Take festive wrapped candies of all kinds and fill the tube up to
but not beyond the edge of cardboard tube.  Twist the wrapping paper to
close that end and secure it with a ribbon just like the other end.
Kids/adults can open one end and get their treats.  You can put all sorts of
things in them, small things like for stockings, coins, money, or even clues
for a mystery surprise hidden somewhere in the house or in the surrounding
yard.  I have done the mystery clues which led to several more clues until
it led my husband to look in the back seat of his truck.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net