[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sticky Mat for Beading

Neva Fairchild nevafairchild at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 01:40:49 UTC 2012

Annette,

I got my sticky mat at a bead show from a bead seller. It is intended for
beading projects, but could be used to keep any small parts from moving
around too much. This mat is small, about 3 by 5 inches, but they make
larger ones. I don't roll or fold it. I use a plastic shoe box for storing
my supplies and I stick it to the underside of the lid. When the  box is too
full, this is a problem because other things stick to it. I solved that
problem by expanding into another box. I do not know the brand name as I no
longer have the packaging. I have seen similar material in a product called
Dysom. It is designed to keep things like plates and bowls from sliding. The
Dysom mats are much larger 10 by 14 inches or so. I believe they are
available from the catalogs that sell products for people with vision loss
like ILA or Maxi Aids. I have a complete listing of these catalogs at work.
If you would like a copy of that list, please send a message to neva at afb.net
and I will be glad to send it to you. I have also bought similar mats for
placing electronic items on to keep them from slipping. I got two in a
package that are about 1.5 by 3 inches to put my cordless phones and the
small charging base that they sit on to try to keep them in place on the
tables they sit on. I think you can probably find them at your local
electronics store. I bought them on-line from Pulse TV which is a bargain
outlet that I like.

Neva Fairchild
972 416-7039