[Nfb-krafters-korner] Terry B.

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 20:35:46 UTC 2012

Hello Terry B.,

My name is Susan and I live in Virginia.  I have been crochetting for 41
years both before and after losing my sight.  My mother taught me when I was
9 and I lost my sight when I was 15 and that was when I learned knitting
from a family friend.  I have been blind for nearly 35 years and it has not
slowed me down in the least.

If your RP is getting worst, and you are currently crochetting like you are,
then practise knitting with your eyes closed and then check it out with what
sight you have.  Sometimes going to a few needle sizes larger than you
usually use will help you feel what you are doing a bit better.

Just don't stop doing what you love to do!  LOL

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net