[Nfb-krafters-korner] Embroidery Machines

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Sun Aug 12 12:48:15 UTC 2012

Joyce, I think most embroidery machines can do letters, either as a built-in
function on the machine, like letter b would be one of the stitches, or you
can download a pattern that will give you different letters or fonts. I
think the design we tried was my daughter's name, but it was quite long ago,
so I am not sure how we did it.
Firm fabrics that are not too stretchy is recommended if I remember
correctly. You can use specialized stabilizing fabrics, which is then placed
within your embroidery hoop underneath your actual fabric.
HTH
Lindy
http://www.facebook.com/practicalproducts