[Nfb-krafters-korner] abacus stitch counter bracelet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:21:48 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Wanted to update you on the lion brand stitch counter bracelet I purchased
and received yesterday.

It is a bracelet made of chains with a large closure allowing one to take
the bracelet on and off with ease. there is also a smaller clasp to adjust
the size of the bracelet. In the center of the bracelet which goes over the
top of your wrist is where the abacus is. this is made up of two horizontal
bars of metal forming the top and bottom of the abacus. There are four flat
ribbon-like cords, two on the left and two on the right side which are
securely attached to the metal bars . each set of two cords has nine beads
attached to them.  these cords are strung in such a way (kind of one cord
going into the left side and the other into the right side of the bead, that
they can be slid up and down their cords and they will stay in place once
moved. So the right column of beads is for the units column and the left
column is for the tens column, so that you can keep count of 99 stitches or
rows at a time.

I have used the bracelet and I do worry some about how long the cords will
hold up with a lot of use. Also, I find it somewhat irritating because I
must set down my project to use the counter. I am hoping however, that if I
can get the bracelet adjusted tighter on my wrist and the beads will loosen
up  a bit, they will slide easier.

So, I have no personal recommendation at this time. I've got to use it some
more before I can really judge it.

Cathy