[Nfb-krafters-korner] a thought...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 19:27:25 UTC 2012

Yesterday was a 15 year mark on my life.  15 years ago yesterday I had  my
openheart coronary bypass surgery.  I saw the doctor greet me just prior  to
going into the surgery and spoke with him.  When I woke up 2 days later  or
they brought me out enough to be aware I could not see anything.  I  could
not tell anyone as I was still on the respirator.  I went in and out  until
that evening when my dear husband came to visit me.  I got him to get  me a
paper and pen and I wrote one word at a time on 4 sheets of paper,"I can
not see".

Well it was definitely a nightmare and a struggle to climb up that mountain
 that was placed in front of me.    I will tell you it was a  challenge and
it was not easy.

I did pick up my knitting needles about 8 months after I went blind as I
had all the time in the world and was still recovering  from the surgery  and
infection in my leg where they harvested the veinds for the bypass
surgery.  I was learning day bby day how to put one foot in front of the  other and
move beyond where I was.

I have come a long way since then.  I do reflect back around this time  of
the year, but yesterday I spent the afternoon with my husband, two sons and
daughter and their significant  others.  Most importantly I spent time
with the 3 Princesses and little Prince.  I never gave it a thought  yesterday
what I am missing, I lived the day joyfully with what I have!