[Nfb-krafters-korner] Question about loom knit

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:29:57 UTC 2012

I'm following instructions to make mouse ears, but the bind off instructions are not making sense to me, did they leave parts out? Below are the instructions

  1.. Gather Bind Off. To do this, you'll need to bring the first loop over to the second peg and knit over. Continue doing this with the remaining loops.3 over 4, 5 over 6, 7 over 8, 9 over 10.
  2.. Cut working yarn and leave a long enough tail to for sewing and pull that piece through the last remaining loop on the peg. This would be the 10th loop.
  3.. Make another ear and sew the two wrong sides together! Or you can sew it differently together to get a different look.
Am I to also take the loop from peg 2 and place on peg 3 and so forth? but I still don't see how this is a "gather" bind off.
Have someone else who is doing a different pattern and running into the same problem.

Barb