[Nfb-krafters-korner] In and out, plastic canvas

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 03:22:49 UTC 2012

First, I'm saying hurray, after finishing my plastic canvas tissue box
cover, which has been sitting in my ongoing craft projects for 2 years now.
It's the one I started in Terry's class.  It is red and green for the
holidays, with checkerboard squares on 3 sides and on top, and on the 4th
side I put a frame of squares around the outside and the words
"UFF DA!" in read with green background.
For those not familiar with minnesota colloquialisms, UFF DA (usually
pronounced like oofda) is a scanddinavian phrase spoken when something is a
little overwhelming, either good or bad. For example, you smell something
bad or it is hot outside, you say "UFF DA", or if a guy sees a pretty woman
he might say "UFF DA".
I used this term on this project as I am giving it to my sister in law, who
has innumerable allergies.She also claims that any perfume I wear makes her
sick.  So I am sending this UFF DA to remind her of me, both for the
sneezes, and because she lives down south and I am in Minnesota.

Anyway, I don't know why everything I have started seems to take so long to
get done.  But I'm glad to have this one item off my desk.  And people say
it turned out very nice.

I also want to ask Terry if she has gotten my email and phone messages.  I
want to get more canvas.    Or is this the wrong place to ask?

Meanwhile, happy krafting all!
--le