[Nfb-krafters-korner] just a short note

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 12 20:14:11 UTC 2012

Becky,
I appreciate your attitude.  I have a friend who has numerous physical
problems as well as vision loss.  She is struggling I think a bit.  She was
at the function I went to yesterday.  Each year I am asked to teach a craft
that all can do even with vision, hearing and physical limitations.  It can
be a struggle to find something simple enough and yet still worthy enough
for adults.  I absolutely loved theresa's candy wreath and thought eureka! A
craft for all.  I taught it yesterday, but my friend did not make it, but
had my son do it for her.  I was so disappointed in her.  I do feel for her
using a wheel chair, vision loss, illiostomy, and sarcoidosis are all very
difficult things on their own to cope withbut she has them all.  The one
area that she can do ok is using her hands... so tying candy on a ring
seemed simple enough.  If I had known that she was having my son make it, I
would have offered to do hand over hand practice with her.  Since we were in
a large group, I didn't know it until we came home.  I just wish that people
in general would try their very best, ask for help, and then if it doesn't
work, move on to the next mountain.  I really hope that if I were to develop
more problems as I grow older, I will keep the same outlook.  It saddens me
to think of giving up.  I am sorry for the rambling, but just wanted to
applaud you for your forging ahead!

Jill