[Nfb-krafters-korner] yarn questions

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 18:16:43 UTC 2012

Hi Portia,

there are regular crochet hooks, then there are Tunisian crochet hooks, then
there are cro-hooks. You know what the crochet hooks look like, well the
Tunisian crochet hooks are longer and have a hook on one end and a stopper
on the other end like a knitting needle does. The cro-hook is long also and
has a hook on each end. With the Tunisian crochet hook you can work with one
color, but with the cro-hook you can work with two colors. last year Becky
taught the Tunisian crochet and this year she will be teaching the
cro-hooking. She says to buy a cro-hook size K or higher for the class if
you are planning to take it. Becky is a very patient and gentle teacher, so
I am certain you will enjoy her class if you decide to take it. I never got
too good at the Tunisian crochet when I took her class, never ending up with
the same number of stitches at the end of the row that I started with at the
beginning of the row. so I probably will not take the class. But these
techniques do create a thick and wonderfully textured fabric.

Cathy