[Nfb-krafters-korner] welcome Deidre

Deidre Muccio deimucc at verizon.net
Mon Dec 31 13:19:37 UTC 2012

Yes, Becky, keep thinking out of that box. My neighbor showed me a twined
woven rug the other day I was ready to tuck under my arm and store for her.
She however was not going to part with it. She used venetian blind cord for
the fuzzy parts of the rug. Wow, it was fun.
	For my latest piece, a neighborhood 7 year old boy cut out some
glitter sticky foam paper in the shape of fish and an eel. Another friend
who knows water and the ocean left in my mailbox some rubber cut outs of an
octopus, dolphin and sea horse. I stuck them on my piece temporarily. They
still sit there. Everyone loves the contrast of the smooth cut outs to the
hooked wool strips in all kinds of underwater colors. Eventually those forms
might be made out of felt but for now, people say just leave them. It's a
most whimsical piece, kind of what I intended but not my usual mossy,
suggestive continental type of rug hooking patterns. Oh wait, yes the water
colors do flow into one another. I often think I'll just do circles within
circles or spin off from that, or cubes of color spinning off from each
other, but the lines immediately become rivulet like and before I know it,
I'm once more drawing, so to speak, rivers and fields and sun splashing
through water, sky and woods.
	I do have to say that my little experiment with knitting yesterday
cause my two thumbs to go numb. I hope there will be some tips for how to
avoid repetitive stress syndrome.
	Speaking of dogs, mine is up and rarin to go snoop and leap around
in the snow around the corner of the house.