[Nfb-krafters-korner] overcoming discouragement

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:48:03 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have found that some new things are fairly easy for me to learn while
others really are frustrating and difficult. I learned safety pin beading
easily enough and took to loom knitting like a duck to water! But this
Tunisian crochet is not proving easy for me. I have tried to work on it in
short sessions so I will not become discouraged.  I also worked on another
project that was easy for me at another time during the day to bring up my
spirits.

So, I still can not make a forward pass in Tunisian crochet, but I've made a
second loomed hat for my daughter! She loves the first hat I made her and
has been waiting impatiently for another to match her other jacket. So, some
joy and some discouragement in this day of crafts, and hopefully tomorrow I
will make better progress with the new crochet technique. In the meantime, I
am looking forward to the beaded heart-shaped basket and loomed mitten class
later this week. I know I will enjoy those projects.

A warm sunny day here and the chance to get out and take a walk with my dog
was another bright spot in my day.

Hearing of all the troubles others are having with their health reminds me
to be grateful for my own health and the good things in my day.

Sincerely,

Cathy