[Nfb-krafters-korner] life changes

artist imanartist at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 3 02:43:28 UTC 2012

Linda, I went to Europe several years ago and one of the best part for me
was the beautiful art that is there.  Two actually view the works of those
great masters was the thrill of a lifetime for me.  I especially loved the
plentitude of mosaics and can't even guess the amount of photos I took of
them.  They were everywhere, sidewalks, floors, walls, table tops.  They
really caught my eye and gave me inspiration for my quilt designs.  I have a
vague view of them in my memory but not clear enough to duplicate now.  One
of the things I am doing now is making pictures from squares and triangles
in mosaic fashion for centerpieces on children's quilts.        You once
asked me where I got my inspiration and I don't believe I answered that
question yet.  I get my inspiration by remembering , listening , reading and
even feeling.  But, I think mostly from people.  I find them interesting and
some unknowingly paint wonderful pictures with their words.    All inspiring
for me.   It is in living that I dream and doing is the result. the joy of
accomplishment comes when you hear the reaction of the viewer.  It takes my
breath away.JoAn