[Nfb-krafters-korner] Finger knitting

Heather Kirkwood hkdawn at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 17:25:36 UTC 2012

I recently learned to do this and make scarves. It's very easy. I was considering this as a craft project for the kids - using all green yarn for St. Patty's Day. They could all wear their scarves to the banquet. For the first time ever, we got a sponsor for our child care. Michaels (the craft store) is helping to pay some of the expenses associated with the kids and having the kids to a nearby store to teach the craft project (with some coaching from us). Has anyone done this with kids? I wonder if it's a project that would take too long? I also wonder if we'll be able to talk Michaels into donating enough yarn.

Heather Kirkwood
Director of Outreach, Vice President
Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network
One South Road
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
1 (800) 789-9HPS
www.hpsnetwork.org

Personal blog: www.heatherkirkwood.blogspot.com

Search the Web at www.goodsearch.com and choose the HPS Network as your charity!

HPS New York Conference - March 16-18, 2012