[Nfb-krafters-korner] Finger knitting

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 05:17:34 UTC 2012

I taught Girl Scout troops how to crochet with the fuzzy yarn on the flip
flops.  The girls enjoyed that class.

In a message dated 2/7/2012 8:55:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gary.brewer at comcast.net writes:

Hi  Heather,
My Grand Daughter's fourth grade teacher did finger knitting with  the
class on days they had to stay in on recess. She also taught them to knit  over
a pair of flip flops. Taylor made over a hundred dollars that summer  making
flip flops with fuzzy yarn on them.

I think it is a good plan.  Just make the scarves short and narrow.
Henrietta
On Feb 7, 2012, at  12:25 PM, Heather Kirkwood wrote:

> I recently learned to do this  and make scarves. It's very easy. I was
considering this as a craft project  for the kids - using all green yarn for
St. Patty's Day. They could all wear  their scarves to the banquet. For the
first time ever, we got a sponsor for  our child care. Michaels (the craft
store) is helping to pay some of the  expenses associated with the kids and
having the kids to a nearby store to  teach the craft project (with some
coaching from us). Has anyone done this  with kids? I wonder if it's a project
that would take too long? I also wonder  if we'll be able to talk Michaels
into donating enough yarn.

> Heather Kirkwood
> Director of Outreach, Vice President
>  Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network
> One South Road
> Oyster Bay,  NY 11771
> 1 (800) 789-9HPS
> www.hpsnetwork.org
>
> Personal blog: www.heatherkirkwood.blogspot.com
>
> Search the Web at www.goodsearch.com and choose the HPS Network as  your
charity!

> HPS New York Conference - March 16-18,  2012

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/gary.brewer%40comcast.net

Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org