[Nfb-krafters-korner] pearl stitch

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:12:26 UTC 2012

Hi Debbie and other loomers,

We were working on the pearl stitch last night together and I am sitting
here now pearling for a poncho pattern I am making. As I watch what I am
doing I had a few thoughts that might help you.

To pearl:
With loop near top of peg, place working yarn flat across front of pegs
below the loop. (do not wrap working yarn.) with left hand, Pull out on loop
as you use hook to reach down between the peg and the loop to reach and
scoop up the working yarn. With a pinky or ring finger you can feel to be
certain you have captured the working yarn. Lift working yarn up through the
space between loop already on hook and peg. When at top of peg, set down
your hook and grasp this loop with your right hand,  and use your left hand
to remove the loop currently still on the peg. Now set the loop in your
right hand onto the peg, thus replacing it with the loop just removed. Pull
gently on working yarn, if tightening is needed. This is the pearl stitch.
Cathy