[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Member

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Feb 16 12:35:20 UTC 2012

Hi charlotte,
I am Lynda River Woman. Nice to meet you here!
I live in rural western PA.  I am a retired professor of fine arts and
humanities.
I knit all the time - love to knit accessories and things to wear, such as
jackets and sweaters. I sell a lot of my knitted items at a couple of
Christmas Markets in an artist's studio, a gallery, and a country club. I do
not do "crafts" shows at all.

I am a ceramic artist - do pottery that is one of a kind. I have taught a
couple of pottery courses for this list and had a lot of fun doing it - will
do more in the future if there is interest. In January  we made a freeform
open bowl together; and we made a cylinder vase or coffee mug together via
the phone.

The other thing I do is make encrusted bead work jewelry, talismans. I use
natural stones, freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals, and Japanese seed
beads for these pieces.

I love winter time, as that is my time to hibernate, read books, and spend
the cold days in my library knitting.

Lynda