[Nfb-krafters-korner] I'm all fingers...or "look Ma, no thumb..."

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 03:34:23 UTC 2012

Hi all --
A couple of weeks ago I injured my left thumb so that I am no longer able to
bend it at the joint -- i.e., I can force it to bend if I grab it with my
other hand, but there is internal damage that makes it impossible for me to
bend it on its own.
I thought I had popped a tendon, but the hand surgeon thinks that is
unlikely.  I go in for an MRI on my hand Monday to see what the problem is.
Meanwhile, you wouldn't believe how difficult life gets without full
movement in one thumb.
Put another way, you never realize how much you use a muscle until it
doesn't work.
Krafting is especially frustrating.
Sorry for the rant.  I just spent another day dropping things and fumbling
and I have all these krafts I want to finish while I have time to do them.
Anyway, the list sounds like the krafters are more active than ever.  Sounds
fun -- but not until I get my thumb fixed.
Happy krafting!
--le