[Nfb-krafters-korner] single crocheting into the chain correction!

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:59:54 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Oops, I am so very sorry! I am on another blind crafters list where single
crocheting was being discussed and there I learned that I have been
crocheting into the starting chain upside-down! So if you have followed my
instructions, then you are as well! I don't know if it matters, but I want
you to have the correct information.

So when I described poking the hook into the chain I described the chain as
having been laid out with one  loop on top and two loops on the bottom. I
said that you should poke the hook between the first loop and the other two.
Actually, the chain is right-side up when the two loops are up and the one
loop is down, and so you should poke the hook in that way. if you simply
adjust the way you are laying out the chain, all will be fine.

This does remind me of something else, I didn't say, and that is that it is
important to keep your chain untwisted. Always check before doing a stitch
that you have the two loops upward and there is no twisting. The edge will
look nice and straight if you do this step carefully.  It is a challenge to
do this when you are making something with over 100 chains!

Cathy