[Nfb-krafters-korner] easy sock pattern?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Jan 10 15:28:03 UTC 2012

Though I have been a knitter for about 60 years, doing it non-visuaolly is
an enormous challenge for me. I have a very hard time even when doing double
yarn overs. Right now, I am working on a shawl that has them every 6th row -
and I have quite a few that I have lost and did not know it till it was too
late to work them in - so, on this shawl, when I am finished, I will put
some nice crystal beads here and there, beginning with all the places where
I have lost stitches. I have tied them with a strand of yarn, and so I know
where they are - when the shawl is done with the knitting part, I will put
some crystals and pearsl here and there all over the shawl. I hope this will
be a nice detail - but it has certainly grown out of my inability to FIX
mistakes. Most mistakes, I cannot fix myself - even afer four years of
working my butt offf to re-learn how to knit again. Fortunately, I have a
very good friend who responds to me calls for "Knitting Emergency" help. I
do not, and never will have that sense of touch that a long time blind
person has had since childhood. My brain is still VISUAL, and I imagine it
will always be that way. I am still a visual learner regardless of the fact
I cannot see what I am knitting.

I understand all things visually, not through touch. Trying to FIX my
knitting boo boos through touch is not working very well at all. I can do it
somewhat, but not well.