[Nfb-krafters-korner] Ramona knitting machine

artist imanartist at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 11 03:38:58 UTC 2012

A single bed has one bed of needles and just knits.  A double bed has two
beds.  With a double bed machine, you can do ribbing  With a single bed, you
can knit the ribbing but basically have to knit rows, drop the stitches you
want to purl and then latch hook them up .   I have a single bed still but
really haven't tried to use it since losing my sight.  Like others, I knit
my ribbing by hand and then place it on the machine.  I did have a Passap
double bed computerized machine but my granddaughter took it when I lost my
sight.  I wish now I had kept it.   I mainly use my single bed to knit Xmas
stockings using worsted weight yarn.  .  I hand knit the ribbing, then put
it on the machine and knit the rest of the sock.  I turned the heel by short
rowing.   I believe I could still do it.  My machine  is very old.  I bought
it in the sixties and paid $39.95 for it.  It is well worn but still works.
I think I will give it a try. JoAn