[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tunisian crochet, also known as Afghan crochet, is a type of

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 01:46:07 UTC 2012

Very nice description of Tunisian Crochet.  Thank you Kathy, hugs.

You certainly can buy a Tunisian or Afghan hook as this article describes.
But if you want to make this hook as versatile as possible, you can buy the
Denise hooks from Morgan at All Points Yarn, allpointsyarn at aol.com.  He is
the person working with Romona and I on the knitting machines. His web site
is:

www.allpointsyarn.com

Or just buy the Denice hooks with the wires in a larger thickness like a I,
or J, Or k hook.  I learned on a K hook.  You just need a yarn easily felt.
You don't necessarily need chunky yarn unless you have problems with your
hands. I am into stash busting, so whatever nice yarn you have easily felt
is just perfect.  We can make a small bag or large one, pot holder or
afghan.  We are learning one stitch and will add to our vocabulary down the
road with other stitches.

Now since cro-hook is very similar to Tunisian, that is why I also suggested
the double ended hooks or the denice sets.  So we have lots of versatility
with this one purchase.

Thank you for the opportunity to share this really cool way of making fabric
with you. I am right here for questions.
Becky Frankeberger
Butterfly Knitting

Custom-made knit throws, shawls, and more!

Phone: 360-426-8389
E-mail: becky at ButterflyKnitting.com
Website: www.ButterflyKnitting.com