[Nfb-krafters-korner] Life Line Needle

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Jan 12 20:20:40 UTC 2012

I participated in this calss and this is what I have in my notes: The needle we used is made in Germany. I think this needle cost about $30. or so. I got it from fiberworks, I think.

We used size 000, 40 inches long, Addi Turbo, by Skacel
for the Life Line  class according to my notes. I have that needle here - I bought it for this purpose. I believe Eileen taught the class?

We also did a class in Magic Loop using a needle like this, too.

She had us knit three or four  stitches, then insert the Addi Turbo needle in those stitches. Then, knit another three or four stitches  and insert again, and on and on across the piece of fabric we are making.

the Addi Turbo's are so slick - they are the best needles you can imagine. VERY smooth and they just glide right through your work.

I think if I had done this using a larger type of yarn, like worsted or even larger, it would be easier. I have only tried it using sock yarn, which is too small for me to deal with right now. I know I will again be able to do it but I just have to be patient and keep on trying. I am working on a shawl right now with fingering yarn, and I am going to give this a try again on this project. Glad this topic popped up, I just might "get it" this time.

Lynda River Woman
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117