[Nfb-krafters-korner] BrambelBerry Soaps Newsletters

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 22:54:27 UTC 2012

The Soap Queen Newsletter
It's another edition of the Soap Queen  Newsletter and this time the Soap
Queen is thinking ahead to Valentine's Day.  Also, don't miss the exclusive
subscriber
discount below.
Is this email  not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

_http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=
2262&ud=97f3fe579cb88e076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=http://www.soapqueen.com/?utm_s
ource=sqnewslettersept19&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emailnewsletter_
(http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=2262
&ud=97f3fe579cb88e076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=http://www.soapqueen.com/?utm_sourc
e=sqnewslettersept19&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emailnewsletter)

Give a Little Love Soap
Anne-Marie is loving our new
Cube Silicone  Mold
and created a special little mold that makes
embeddable  hearts
which fit perfectly in our silicone cube mold. This technique is  simple
and the results are adorable and really easy, even for a beginner.

See below
for complete instructions on this exclusive project  for Soap Queen
Newsletter subscribers.
_http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=
2262&ud=97f3fe579cb88e076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=https://www.brambleberry.com/So
ap-Queen-Cold-Process-Projects-E-Book-P5201C267.aspx?utm_source=jan11SQnewsl
etter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+newsletter_
(http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=2262&ud=97f3fe579cb88e
076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=https://www.brambleberry.com/Soap-Queen-Cold-Process-
Projects-E-Book-P5201C267.aspx?utm_source=jan11SQnewsletter&utm_medium=email
&utm_campaign=email+newsletter)

Favorite CP Recipes!
We have collected all of the best
Soap Queen  Cold Process Recipes
in one convenient E-book. Now you can read through  your favorite tutorials
off-line and even print them out. Projects include the
Pink Sea Salt Bar,
Gardener's Soap
and more!
And as an  exclusive offer for our Soap Queen subscribers if you buy the
Soap Queen CP  E-Book
and the
Soap Queen Cuisine
book you'll get one for  free. It's a 2-for-1 special!
Use coupon code: SQFREE
Offer Expires  January 31, 2012
_http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=
2262&ud=97f3fe579cb88e076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=http://www.brambleberry.com/Toy
s-C183.aspx?utm_source=jan11SQnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email
+newsletter_
(http://server1.streamsend.com/streamsend/clicktracker.php?cd=21541&ld=2&md=2262&ud=97f3fe579cb88e076d9df09717e4fb7a&url=http://www.bramble
berry.com/Toys-C183.aspx?utm_source=jan11SQnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_c
ampaign=email+newsletter)

Soap Queen TV
Over 40 videos made with more to come!
Soap Queen TV  has been making videos for nearly 3 years and we have quite
the library to show  for it. From the very basics of
Melt & Pour soapmaking
to the  more complex
Cold Process soapmaking
to the totally fun
Bath  Bomb Cupcakes
; you can learn how to do it all on Soap Queen TV! Of course,  we have our
favorites, one of which is the Embedding Toys in M&P video -  those piggies
are
just so adorable! Watch it
here.

Instructions for Little Love Soap:
Tiny Hearts
Placing Tiny Hearts

Sprinkling Glitter
Pouring Soap
Ingredients:
list of 10  items
• 8 oz
Cocoa Butter
• 16 oz
Coconut Oil
• 8 oz
Palm  Oil
• 4 oz
Palm Kernel Flakes
• 24 oz
Rice Bran Oil
• Low Sweat  Clear Soap Base
• Sage and Lemongrass Fragrance Oil
• 5 Tablespoons
Sodium Lactate
• 8.6 oz
Sodium Hydroxide
• 19.8 oz Distilled Water
list end
list of 6 items
• Lemongrass Essential Oil
• Super Pearly  White Mica
• Electric Bubble Gum Neon Colorant
• Iridescent Glitter
•  25 Bar Cube Mold
• Tiny Hearts Embedding Mold
list end

Click Here
to have all of these items added
to your Bramble  Berry shopping cart

First Time Making Cold Proces Soap?:
I strongly suggest getting a  couple of basic recipes under your belt
before diving into this advanced recipe.  Check out Soap Queen TV on
Cold Process
if you want to get started!  It’s a
4 part series
that will take you through the basics (and be  sure to watch the episode on
Lye Safety).
If you’re a book worm, Bramble  Berry also has some helpful reading on the
cold process technique. Check out our
E-Book on Cold Process.

Melt and Pour Prep:
ONE: Prepare your melt and pour heart soaps using  Low Sweat Clear Base and
Electric Bubble Gum Colorant. For basics on melt and  pour soap
click here.
Make about 18 little pink hearts. Be sure to mix  your Bubble Gum colorant
in Liquid Glycerin (1/3 Cup of Liquid Glycerin to 1/2  teaspoon of Bubble Gum
Colorant), then added 1/4 teaspoon per pound of soap.  Check out a tutorial
on mixing your Neon Colorants
HERE
.
TWO: Once the melt and pour has set-up, unmold the  soap and place one
heart soap in the bottom of 18 cube cavities of the mold.  Make sure the flat
side
of the soap is on the bottom.
Optional: Using  your fingers, sprinkle a little bit of glitter into the
mold before you pour the  CP soap batter over the top of the tiny hearts.

Making Cold Process Soap:
ONE: Safety gear up! Make sure you’re wearing  long sleeves and put on your
goggles and gloves (preferably super cute
pink  goggles
from Bramble Berry). Carefully add the lye to the water (never  the other
way around!) and mix until the water is clear, taking care to not  breathe in
the
fumes. Set aside to cool.
TWO: In a large heat safe  container, melt and combine the Cocoa Butter,
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel  Flakes and Rice Bran Oil.
THREE: Mix 5 tablespoons of Sodium Lactate to the  cooled lye water then
slowly and carefully add the lye mixture to the oils. Mix  for 20-30 seconds
with
a stick blender.
FOUR: Use the stick blender to  mix in 2 teaspoons of Super Pearly White
Mica.
TIP: Place the stick blender  on top of the pile of mica laying on top of
the soap batter. Then sink the stick  blender to the bottom and "burp" the
stick
blender by tilting the stick  blender and releasing the air bubbles. Then
mix in the colorant.
FIVE: Mix  in 3 ounce of Lemongrass Essential Oil and 2 ounces of Sage and
Lemongrass  Fragrance Oil. Mix the soap batter for another 20-30 seconds
until
medium  trace.
SIX: Slowly pour the cold process soap mixture over the melt and pour
heart soaps leaving 1/2 inch of room at the top. Keep a whisk on hand and stir
the
soap batter if it starts to get grainy while pouring the soap.
Optional: Sprinkle a little more glitter on the tops of the soap.

follow on Twitter

read Soap Queen blog

forward to a friend

watch on YouTube

Copyright © 2011 Bramble Berry INC, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
2138 Humoldt Street, Bellingham, WA 98225

Contact us:
_Info at brambleberry.com_ (mailto:Info at brambleberry.com)

1-877-627-7883