[Nfb-krafters-korner] Wonder sock loom question.

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 21:14:31 UTC 2012

Hi Tonya and others that can give me some insight on this.

There was talk about the adjustable Wonder Sock loom.[I hope that it is
called the Wonder sock loom][You spoke about 2 sock looms on Monday]  Well  I
did some digging around for info and I did come up with the 2 looms that
were  talked about.

So here goes my questions...

The Wonder Sock loom comes 2 ways, 1] adjustable ranging from baby  size up
to adult man size.  [something like 24 pegs up to 96 pegs][don't  hold me
to those numbers I am remembering from yesterday]  They also have  an
efg-extra fine gauge and fg - fine gauge loom.  Now almost last of all  they have a
non adjustable loom[so you would have to purchase a number of  looms to get
a range of sizes and they have an adjustable dual loom[so you can  make 2
socks at one time]

Now here are my questions...

1. Adjustable looms It was described Monday how these looms adjust and it
did sound easy.?  Does the elastic really hold the loom in place?  I  would
hate to get half way thru and it shift or come apart.  I might want  to
throw it out the third floor window!  I couldn't even see it hit the  ground and
smash into a bunch of pieces.

2.  It talked about doing 2 different type of stitches.  The E  wrap which
you were suppose to yield 6 stitches per inch or the knit stitch  [flat
knit][something like those words] and you were suppose to yield 8 or 8 1/2
stitches per inch and this is using the thin sock yarn.  Does anyone know  or
can describe this knit stitch???

3.  Thinking out loud here and please send me your thoughts.  It  sounds
cool about doing 2 socks at one time so when you are finished you have a  pair
done, but...
I am thinking you have 2 balls of yarn and working 2 socks at 1 time.
Tangling things up can or could end up a frustrating challenge.  Does  anyone
have this dual loom and any likes or dislikes on this???

The dual loom is priced at $79.99 and not sure if they have the E F G or
the FG looms in all the above, but those in adjustable single loom is $59.99
and  $69.99.

So would like some advise before making a purchase.