[Nfb-krafters-korner] latch hook kits

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Jan 25 16:55:45 UTC 2012

Nice resource Michael.  Thanks!

Cindy Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Michael Baldwin
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:28 AM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] latch hook kits

There seems to be a lot of people that want to do kits with their dog. Here
is a tool that you can design your own kit.
You upload a picture and change a few settings as needed and you can have
what you want.

http://www.leftsource.com/

Some of the things you can adjust are the size, squares per inch, and number
of colors.
Squares per inch: I have noticed 3 different main resolutions for latch hook
canvas. 3.3, 3.75, and 5 squares per inch. There are others, but these seem
to be the most common sizes. Beginners would want to stay with the 3.3
squares per inch. These are larger holes and will be much easier to count
and work with. The 5 squares per inch are good for more detailed images, but
will take much longer to complete, and require more thread, adding to the
cost.

Those of us who can not see pictures will need sighted help with the tool,
but it is free if anyone is interested.

I have emailed them asking if there tool could be modified to put the
instructions in to text form. I will see what they say.

Michael