[Nfb-krafters-korner] Shawl pins

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 03:24:38 UTC 2012

I  am only guessing that it would depend on what size shawl would fit  you
and the pattern you choose .

As the shawls that I weave on my triangle looms have a measurement across
the hypotnuse example 5 feet, 6 feet, 7 feet.  and each of those have a
certain length down the center of the back to the point.

So depending on your height and size dress you need it to fit around you
comfortably and not be 2 long at the center back.  You can always add a
fringe to lengthen the back and the width.  For example I am 4 feet 8 1/2
inches tall, but I where an extra large sweatshirt or sweater.  So I made a
shawl 5 feet across the hypotenuse, but I put a 9 inche fringe on it.  So  the
fringe is good as since I am short my arms are not long and the fringe
drapes down and my hands are exposed easily.  I have the extra width of the
fringe to cover my larger body and it moves with me.

I had made a 7 foot shawl and I could lose myself in it.  I did not  put
fringe on it and it was like a blanket.  I defintely could wrap up in  it but
it was good for sitting on the couch, not good for moving around or  taking
to dinner with you.

In a message dated 1/30/2012 10:03:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,