[Nfb-krafters-korner] Terrence

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 01:49:16 UTC 2012

I was sure surprised to hear that many glaciers are covered with sand soil and plants. I just pictured huge blocks of ice. The one Carol sent to our picture frame was not covered. But it was way out where no man lives. Just Carol and Ed panning for gold. lol

All this talk reminds me of the fourth of Julys that we took a bowl of snow saved from a cold winter's day out on the lawn to see how long it would last. Also had times when we froze all kinds of containers with water to make many sized ice shapes. We would put them on a shower curtain, spray them with a hose and push and kick them until they melted.

One year the day care kids and I used salt to melt the ice into shapes. Nothing like hot weather for playing with ice and water.
Henrietta