[Nfb-krafters-korner] memory wire necklace

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:09:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Well, I have finished another project. This time I decided to try using
memory wire to make a choker. It was a very easy project. It is so easy to
put the beads on to the wire and there is no need for findings because I was
able to simply make loops on the ends to keep the beads on the wire. I used
clear wire with crystal 5mm beads and 4mm turquoise beads. I don't remember
what the turquoise beads were made of. The pattern was one crystal bead
followed by seven turquoise beads.

Anyhow, I wondered if anyone, I believe it was Neva who said she used memory
wire in projects, would explain to me how to make decent loops at the ends
of the wire. I have loops but they don't look nice and I know there must be
a trick to doing it. any help would be appreciated.

Another question I have is, that I bought only memory wire for a necklace
size and did not buy the size for a bracelet. So is there any way that the
necklace memory wire can be used for a bracelet? I would like to make a
matching set.

Thanks, Cathy