[Nfb-krafters-korner] any one home?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:58:12 UTC 2012

Bran,

There is a Xmas stocking class coming up in August. You might want to sign
up for that. it should be a good starter class. A slipper was the second
thing I made after making a number of hats. Also, when you are making a
stocking you will learn how to "panel knit." Panel or flat knitting is when
you want to make a scarf or blanket.
What you do to make a flat piece on a round loom is to eWrap as many pegs as
called for in the pattern, say for example, 20 of your 24 pegs. Leave the
last 4 pegs empty.
So eWrap nineteen of the twenty pegs, Then you turn at the 20th peg. This
peg is called your turning peg. You are going to now eWrap in the opposite
direction back toward peg one. This is done by taking the yarn to the
outside of the loom and wrap the last
peg (or turning peg) in the opposite direction than you have wrapped the
first nineteen pegs. now continue ewrapping your pegs back toward peg one
ewrapping in the same direction that you wrapped peg twenty.
Went you get back to peg one, let go of your working yarn and knit off all
the pegs, bottom loop over top loop.
Then do it again and again!

you C A N do this!  you say you usually don't have trouble with things, so
there is just one little thing you aren't getting, but you will get it!
let me know how it goes for you this time.

Cathy