[Nfb-krafters-korner] knifty knitters.

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:07:24 UTC 2012

	Bran,
I could only guess why they aren't making them anymore. But as Henry
mentioned, Michael's and Joann's each have their own looms which are the
same as the knifty knitters, just in different colors. So getting one of
those would be fine.

You were asking about how the long loom works.  Well, you can use it in
various ways. It has two rows of pegs as described. You can knit only using
one side of the loom to create a flat piece of a single thickness. You can
knit both sides of the pegs at the same time forming a dense double fabric
(double knit), or you can go around in a rectangle just as you do on a
circle loom to create a tube-like fabric.  The only thing about this third
method is that the pegs on the end are not spaced the same as on the sides,
so holes are created in the work unless you get a special clip. (this is
what I was talking about needing for myself.)

You might want to skip the double knit class for now, not that you couldn't
learn it, it is just that you are so new at this and it might cause too much
confusion. But of course it is totally up to you.

Cathy