[Nfb-krafters-korner] Using the long looms-Terry K

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 18:20:26 UTC 2012

Barb,
When Henry taught the class he taugh us to use both sets of pegs. The wrap
was figure 8, which described the way each peg was wrapped, from bottom peg,
wrapped to right of top peg and around and down to the next bottom peg,
making a figure design, then doing this wrap to the end and then wrapping
back, making the double knit. I believe he will teach this method again.
Since I am in SC, I really have no need for winter scarves, so I extended
the flat panel of the loom to make the flat baby blanket. The difference is
when you loom on the rectangle loom it makes a flat pattern as compared to
the round looms where you have to skip pegs to make flat panel. Hope I made
this a little clearer, I am not experienced with the looms but enjoyed the
rectangle loom more than the round loom, and I had an easier time on the
larger loom then the smaller, but that is just me. I think Henry will teach
a wonderful class as he is a good teacher and makes it understandable.
Terry K