[Nfb-krafters-korner] introduction

Laurel laurel.stockard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 22:04:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Just wanted to drop a quick line. My name is Laurel and I am a 21 year
old college student in Texas. I was at the NFB convention, and met
some of you at your table in the exibit hall. I saw some of the things
you all made, including the church somebody made from safety pins and
beads. That was the coolest thing I might have ever seen. Wow!
I love art, and crafting. I've never really had the opportunity to
learn, and it's always made me sort of sad that I could never express
my artistic side because all the art my peers and school teachers were
doing was visual. I'm hoping I can learn alot here.
I'm wondering, is safety pin beading, and making things that way hard
for a beginner? I kind of wanna try it, because the church at the
exibit table looked so awesome! I'm thinking about trying to make a
basket.
Anyway, nice to meet you all, and if you have any advice how I should
go about learning to do this, I'd appreciate it. I'm so happy to know
you all
Laurel and guide dog Stockard