[Nfb-krafters-korner] introduction

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:36:18 UTC 2012

Laurel, we are glad to have you join us.  I am glad you were at convention.
I hope you discovered all kinds of things there.

As for crafting, you will find that the challenge is to narrow down what you
want to do.  People on this list do so many things, none of us can do them
all.  You will find that different people lead different kinds of crafts.
Many of them are very good, perhaps most.  We certainly have beginners, too.
Some are expert at one kind of creation and just learning others.  Don't
hesitate to address an individual about a certain thing.  You may end up
making some contacts offline, but try some classes, too. I hope you will
come to think of many of us as friends and that you will soon be doing
exciting creations right along with most of us.
I have been knitting and sewing forever, but am trying to find time to take
up origami and pottery.  I was also very impressed with the safetypin
beading creations Theresa had at convention.  At the craft show we had
talking hand-made greeting cards, chocolate roses, hand painted items,
jewelry, and I probably forgot some other things.

Ramona