[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mission Completed

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Jul 15 23:16:30 UTC 2012

Mission is completed:  the one week trek to southern Ohio to do our GIRLZ ART ADVENTURE in the woods.  I came back a very happy "camper."

Completed the 8 1/2 x 11 inch encrusted bead work piece I had been working on for a couple of months. After that, I started to do the encrusted bead worked talisman pendant.  It is just loaded with pearls and stunning Swarovski crystals - the REAL STUFF.

After I get the pendant done - then I can do the Spiral Rope with Honey Wax Opal Chips and Japanese Seed Beads that will be attached to the pendant. It is gonna be a show stopper. Breath taking!

The big bonus from our art camp was the visits we had from a stray cat who came to beg from us - she arrived like a ghost at 7 am one morning as I opened our door to begin my beading that day.  We gained her trust through FOOD, and she eventually led my daughter to her nest of FOUR little secrets - oh, gosh, what to do?  How could we go home knowing there was a mother and four babies hidden away there with no food source and no water anywhere - and nobody around.  Yes, we eventually got them all and brought them home - they are here in my home now resting up from the dramatic rescue - the mother is wild so it was very traumatic for her.

I am happy to say they ALL are using the litter boxes - and the mother is letting me pet her!  I guess our next move will be to get them all to the vets in a few days - after I can finally get to pick up the mother, that is!  I have named her Effie Pearl. Her four little fluffy children are:  Opal; big Boss; Peaches; and Diamond Back.  I will keep Effie Pearl and Opal, and will be finding homes for the other three when the time is right for that.

Our GIRLZ ARt Camp Adventure was wonderful. We hiked in the mountains, walked trails, explored caves, (some) did the 10 zip lines (not me); did exercises and cardio in the evenings, walked up and down a very steep mountain hill ever day, and more. We all came home very happy.This is my kind of vacation - beading every day for hours, mornings and nights, and laughing till we cried with friends over silly and crazy things.

Lynda River Woman