[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mission Completed

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 23:59:07 UTC 2012

Hi Lynda, that sounds like you had a fun time! I'm glad that you rescued
that family of cats. I hope that the other three end up in good homes when
that time comes. Congradulationce on your beeding projects! I am learning
how to make you know those ropes that you can play tug-a-war with? Yah, I
like making them even more than the rag rugs that I made on the loom. I will
finish the rug that I'm almost done with before I move ixclusively to the
dog ropes. I ran into a number of technical problems with the weaving loom
and soeing is just not in my skill set which is unfortunent because I have
to soe the strips that the rag rug is made of together in order for them to
be at a high quallity. I have not had as many technical diffacolties with
the dog ropes and this is going on my third week of making them. You don't
have to soe anything together which works out perfically fine by me. My
weaving skills come in handy with making the ropes because you have to braid
three strips together and you get to make a not at each end of the rope and
add a bit of creativity at the same time. I am more independent with the dog
ropes than I ever was with the rag rugs. I was in a meeting with my local
krafter's guild on the week before Independent's Day when someone there came
up with an idea to make the dog ropes. I tried it and made three or four of
them that same day! I'm glad that I discovered it!!! Another kraft that I
discovered through Sunnyside Organics was how to make paper from scratch. I
can do most of it independently. Last week, I just finished up a course on
the ways to make this paper. The paper is organic and is made out of
plant-based fibers such as straw, celery, leaks and cotton. Sunnyside
Organics is wanting to do a line of home made paper as a way to make money
and recycle some of their plants. They love anything to do with horticulture
and agerculture that is organic. How cool!!!
Kendra