[Nfb-krafters-korner] help interpreting crochet instructions

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:28:03 UTC 2012

This may seem silly, but I need some help interpreting the non crochet
part of the instructions below. I don't quite understand what #3 means
by lace the single crochets to the base. I'm guessing it means some
sort of weaving of the strand in and out of the single crochets and
the chain? Any suggestions on how to lace/weave?

I'm including all of the instructions in case anyone wants to make the
necklace. The instructions call for 2 balls of Lion brand Martha
Stewart Mambo zebra. It's a cool looking yarn and will be great for
making this hip looking necklace if I can only lace.

1. Using speed hook or fingers and with 2 strands of yarn held together chain 7.

2. Work a single crochet in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain
across. Fasten off but do not cut yarn.

3. with one strand lace single crochets to base chain.

4. Trim remaining strand to 26 inches and knot to end of strand used
for lacing, close to the crochet stitches.

5. Trim ends.