[Nfb-krafters-korner] Idea for Circular Needle Storage

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Jul 17 12:25:49 UTC 2012

I am a member of "Fiber Minds" on Face Book. It is a very unique group of fiber artists and it is the most uplifting and wonderful group of artists imaginable. The special page was initiated by designer Onix Traverino, for those who are in-the-know about fiber designers.

Anyway, I wanted to share here a great idea I just read there.  To store your circular needles efficiently, go to the Dollar store and buy those pencil pockets that are made for binders. They are vinyl and see-through and have the three holes for putting into a binder, and a zipper type of closure to keep pencils inside.

Put your circular needles in the pouch - one size per pouch. You can label the pouch with the size of the needle. I put the needle size and the length of the needle there on my information tag. You can do it with Braille, or if you can see some contrasts (like me) you can use a very big marker on paper and put the paper tag inside with your needles.

Then, place them according to size, in a binder. This is so efficient and neat.  Circular needle storage has always been one of my aggravations - I have tried a number of ways to store them in the past but nothing compares to the neat and efficient way of doing is like this does. I am a person who has to have things very neat and organized - disorder of any kind makes me crazy! lol

Thought you might like this little tip. Also, the Fiber Minds group will be allowing new members in at this time if you are a serious fiber worker. If you are interested, let me know and I will recommend you. It is a closed group. It is for serious discussions on the fiber arts, not teaching or classes or not for advertising anything for sale or promoting anything but the love we all have for fibers.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117