[Nfb-krafters-korner] craft instrucktions

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sat Jul 21 12:05:30 UTC 2012

Mary,
there is nothing that the totally blind cannot do regarding arts and crafts.
You can do anything on the computer at all, if you have the training and put
in the time to learn how to do what you want to do.

On this list are many totally blind people and they are doing any type of
crafts and arts you can imagine. If there is something you are wanting to
learn, someone here can help you learn to do it. You can get personal help,
one-on-one, if that is what you need. Just ask and the person who can help
you will respond.

After I lost my sight I thought I could never do bead work again. So I said
that here. But, someone told me I could do it again - and she was blind
since birth. Well, I just trusted her and she helped me to do it all again.
She gave me good information, as I needed it, and she taught me how to begin
to work at my craft again.

The same thing with my pottery - I had to learn how to do it non-visually so
it was NEW to me all over again. But, soon, my hands began to remember how
to do it even though I could not see it.

I am just saying, do not give up and above all, please do not think that if
you are totally blind you are not able to do things again. YOU CAN. You can
do it if you really want to and there are people here who will very
generously step forward to help you.

You have never really said what kind of instructions you need, or for
what....so if you want help here, just let us all know what you desire. But,
please don't rule out anything - dare to think BIG and step out for the help
that is right here.

My best regards to you,
Lynda River Woman
Lynda Lambert