[Nfb-krafters-korner] Types of necklace clasp

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:53:15 UTC 2012

Barb wrote:

I did not find a description of the screw on clasps

Cathy says:

I don't think there are clasps that "screw on" only clasps that close a
necklace by the two parts screwing together and these are the barrel clasps.
I find them very easy to attach and use, but they will not work for
bracelets because you need two hands to unclasp and clasp them. I used a
barrel clasp on my fine wire necklace. I personally have not tried any other
types of clasps yet. I have a package of a few different clasps that I will
try out in time.

If I am mistaken about screw on clasps, please some one let us know.