[Nfb-krafters-korner] converting knitted patterns to loom patterns

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 03:08:17 UTC 2012

Bran,

There are looms with pegs closer together. the measurement between the
center of one peg to the center of the next peg is called the gauge. The
extra large are the KK and there are gauges from regular to extra fine with
pegs close enough together to make socks with thin sock yarn. The smaller
the gauge of the loom the thinner the yarn that you can use. The kind of
loom that you have now is best for a beginner. I am still learning new
things all the time with my KK loom. there are loomed dishcloth patterns out
there somewhere. Tanya knows how to convert dishcloth  patterns from needle
to loom knit. I think a class to make a loomed dish cloth would be nice and
I plan to try my hand at looming my first dishcloth on my vacation.

Let us know if you find any interesting loom knit dishcloth patterns.

Cathy