[Nfb-krafters-korner] to members of fine wire necklace class

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 29 02:22:06 UTC 2012

Watching Olympic swimming I have had time to work with the fine wire on a
regular loom to a good result. Using gold wire and blue seed beads on the
31peg KK, I e-wrapped three pegs for the cast-on and continued taking the
wire back to the first peg knitting like an i-cord until I started pulling
up the beads between the knitting of peg 2 and then peg 3. I knit peg 1,
pulled up beads, knit peg 2, pulled up beads, knit peg 3 and returned to peg
1. This worked much easier for me than e-wrapping on the spinning Wonder
Knitter and the advantage is any size of beads may be used. This was
practice so it's a shorter necklace than the class project. I will knit the
perals on the silver wire I purchased for this next. I've already strung all
the beads for that one but wanted to be sure I wouldn't get it all kinked.
It works up quickly and looks very nice once you get going on it. Has anyone
else tried this?

Karen