[Nfb-krafters-korner] What loom stitch am i making?

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Fri Jun 1 12:03:13 UTC 2012

Loomers out there;

There should be no problem finding the loop to put on peg 1, when making a brim.  Your original tail will be extending from this loop.  You should not have to mark it.  When making your brim, make sure   You place any tails with in the body of the brim.
Put your loops on the pegs, slowly, so you do not miss any or by chance pick up the second loop in the row, or second from the edge.  I did this once or twice, but caught the error.  It is easy to miss a loop and have to take your loops off and start over, or from your error point.

Casting off;
Wrap the original piece of yarn around the loom 2 or 3 times before cutting.  You weave in the same piece of yarn that you were originally using to make the hat, not a separate piece of yarn.
After drawing the yarn to close the hole, stitch the hole closed.  You need to make a knot in your yarn and weave in your end for a few stitches.

Terry P.