[Nfb-krafters-korner] how to do the purl stitch on the loom

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 22:43:37 UTC 2012

LM wrote:

Maybe I'm not understanding something essential here, or I'm making it
harder, but for a purl stitch if you catch the working yarn and pull it up
through the loop on the peg, and then you knit off the loop on the peg,
don't you essentially knit the original loop off right over the just pulled
through loop?

Cathy replies:

you need to take "the existing" loop off of the peg letting it slide down
inside the loom and replace that loop with the new loop that you just
created and are holding in your fingers.

hope this clarifies.