[Nfb-krafters-korner] Wow for Email Class

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Tue Jun 12 07:49:02 UTC 2012

Hi to all, glad to see so many joining the origami class. For new members or
those who aren't sure, origami is the art of folding paper into all kinds of
objects. Krafters Korner has presented origami classes before, but this will
be the first e-mail origami class and also my first class as instructor.
I am thankful and excited to have been given a chance to share my love of
origami with you all. People have been doing origami for as long as paper
has been around.
There are some serious origami enthusiasts who like to create intricate
objects like flowers, birds or animals using hundreds of steps and some
complicated folding techniques, but I love the fact that origami can be a
lot of fun, useful and fairly easy to learn. It yields almost instant
results, is a cheap and portable craft activity, and people who don't know
how to do it find it fascinating. It is a little like knowing how to perform
a magic trick, I guess.
Anyway, I hope more will join so we can have some fun and learn to make a
simple origami model that may be useful too.
Lindy

Find PRACTICAL PRODUCTS on FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/practicalproducts