[Nfb-krafters-korner] Art and Crafts camp

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Jun 24 14:10:52 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
I am getting things together for my art and crafts adventure with three mutual friends who are artists. It is exciting. We planned this a year ago - to go somewhere that is central to each of us so that nobody had to drive for a long distance - some place in the middle between Northern Kentucky, and Western and Central PA. So we chose southern Ohio for our art retreat - rented a nice A frame home with hot tub, woods for hiking, and lots of room for each of us to be making art all day every day. We are also taking the Shawn T fitness program with us so we can work out to the _Insanity_ program while we are there.

My big news is that FINALLY  I am getting to go to a three day training session on business development - been waiting for this for nearly a YEAR - through OVR, of course. Will  be there through next Wednesday, then home for a few days and then OFF again to Southern Ohio for our GIRLZ ART and FITNESS CAMP.

All four of us will be doing beadwork projects there at our camp. I plan to finish up a bead embroidery piece I am working on currently - it is a bead encruseted "garden" piece and I started by selecting a Kaffe Fasset fabric for the base and the beginning of it. It is about 1/2 done now, so I plan to finish it there. My other plan is to begin a new TALISMAN. I have bought Honey Wax Opals, and Green Opals, and Tree Agates for this project. Also got lots of Swarovski crystals, and Gorgeous Japanese Seed Beads....OH, MY!

Finally, will take a knitting project, too. I am about 1/2 done with a Stockinette Stitch Shrug, and hope to finish it up by the end of our art camp. I think that is enough to work on for one week!

Lynda River Woman

 It is all good!