[Nfb-krafters-korner] Classes

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 18:14:54 UTC 2012

Carolyn,

You have to attend a class in order to receive the recording.  Not all
classes are recorded as that is totally up to each individual teacher if they
want their class recorded or not.

NFB Krafters Division does not keep any of the recordings.  If you  take a
class it is up to each student to download and save their recording for
future reference.

NFB Krafters Division use to record every class and in April of 2011 a vote
 of paid members changed that.  It was a vote for: NFB Krafters Division
to  record a class or do not record a class  The "do not record won  that
vote.  I had been approached by individual teachers that wanted their  classes
recorded and go to students attending class, which was the rules before  the
vote.  I, too, wanted my classes recorded and sent to the attending
students.  The teachers, who personally contacted me I record their classes  only
and have the recording sent to the students.  Recordings are for  students
and are not to be distributed to non students.  NFB Krafters  Division is not
responsible for keeping any of these recordings, so we do not  have past
recordings.

 If a class is not being recorded, I have not been notified by that
teacher asking me to record their class.  I do not record Monday Night  Chats.  I
will occasionally record one, but only if the host  approves.

We encourage folks to attend classes and it is a lost resource that folks
decided the division should not record classes.  Classes that are not being
recorded, students need to contact the individual teacher to find out if
class  is being recorded, if you as a student can record the class and then
you can  record the class yourself.  NFB Krafters Division rules are
recordings are  for individual use  only.

A few teachers have talked with me on recording some of their classes
without students and having them available for purchase, but nothing has been
done with that as of yet.

In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:29:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,