[Nfb-krafters-korner] machine threading

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 23:28:17 UTC 2012

Jewel,

Just a suggestion. When I read the book about Dr. Boloton, the blind doctor,
sorry about spelling. When he needed a model of what he was studying, he
made a model. I find when I am trying to learn something I must continue to
do over and over, I make a diagram or model. First I have a sight person
help me make a tactile model with objects I can feel and trace with my
hands. Example. Use poster board, or matte board and make a diagram of where
you bring up your thread from the spool, to first item, the curly thing, and
place something there like the spring from a pen, move down to the second
item and find something that feels like that. If all fails use clay or
pasta. Sounds dumb but the more you feel the model the easier it will be for
you to do it on the machine. Hope I made sense.

Terry K