[Nfb-krafters-korner] Selling at craft markets

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Mar 18 13:49:23 UTC 2012

Good for you Charlotte. I do not make anyone a DEAL either.  Last fall I had
someone stop by the museum to see my bracelets that were in my one person
show. I happened to be there as I had stopped in to check on my show and see
if I needed to do anything. The man and woman said they read about me in the
paper and came to see if I had any bracelets for $15.
I said that most of my work was sold at the opening reception the night
before - but that the bracelets I have in this show start at $600.  - they
left!  The gallery director said "Why don't they just go down the road to
the flea market if they want cheap junk. this is a museum, you don't come
here to buy at $15. bracelet."

Lynda River Woman